Jun 23, 2011

Inspired by a Seasoned Event Planner

     Armed with 18 years of experience in wedding and events planning, Ms. Rita Nerie, the Preston Bailey of the Philippines, inspired more than 30 event planners and talked about Destination Weddings last June 18, 2011. Truly, her tips on planning destination weddings are precious. T'was the first time I hear her speak and to me, it's fantastic! Let me summarize her talk.
It is important for me as an event planner to:

1. Start Preparations.
This includes sourcing out of hotels, early bookings of airfare to save and check weather conditions at the place or country where the wedding will be held.
 
2. ROI- Research, Ocular and Investigate.
Maximize the use of the internet to be able to know all the details I need with regards to the place. Insist the need for an ocular inspection on the wedding and reception venue. It will be helpful to ask friends or anyone who has past experience on the venue to be used. Having a Plan B is extremely important. Also, prepare the questions I need to ask the couple and to all suppliers and coordinators involved.

3. Know the legalities.
Be informed with the civil and religious ceremonies and consider having alternative options.
My husband and I were inspired by the insights of well-respected event organizer, Ms. Rita Nerie of Rita Nerie Event Planners.

4. Know the locals.
Meeting all suppliers personally is a must, as much as possible. I need to establish the "team of suppliers" and make sure everyone is on the same page.
5. Attend to other activities pro-actively.
Then, be able to suggest, recommend and refer with confidence. Ask and ask and ask. Presumptions will surely miss so I need to know as many information I need to make my wedding event a blockbuster.
Thanks to Ms. Rita Nerie for sharing her tons of knowledge and experiences in the recently concluded The Philippine Wedding Summit 2011.





No comments:

Post a Comment